Everyone… Meet Andy, Aislinn, and Caroline. These people invest A LOT of energy and time into Barr Mansion. While it’s their J O B, their talents have been fine tuned, their craft honed in tightly, and executed REALLY well here at Barr Mansion. Simply put, they are excellent at what they do and Barr Mansion would not be what it is without them.
Get to know our team a little more and see what they are all about… Their role at Barr Mansion is imperative to running the day to day, beautifying the property, and making the magic happen!
Andy | Facilities Manager
- Where are originally from? I am originally from Skaneateles, NY.
- What sets Austin apart from any other city you have lived in? Austin is a youthful and vibrant city. It is a place of inclusiveness, innovation and initiative.
- What lead you to your current profession? A passion for food.
- Favorite aspect about working at Barr Mansion? Being in nature.
- What are some of your hobbies? Tinkering, hiking, listening to music, cooking, traveling and playing with my dog Bella.
Aislinn | Assistant Event Coordinator
- Where are you originally from? I was born and raised in Miami, FL and was in Arlington, TX for a year before making it to Austin!
- What sets Austin apart of any other city you have lived in? Austinites (sp?) are just so nice! I love that everyone is willing to lend a helping hand and welcome you in with open arms. I also really enjoy that it’s such an active city and that there is always something to do.
- What lead you to your current profession(s)? I’ve always loved watching wedding shows on TV and was the person my friends and family came to for help with planning parties and events. Put those things together and boom! Career! I changed my major to Hospitality Management and my Minor to Event & Meeting Planning and started assisting local wedding and event planners. I’ve worked with independent planning firms, catering companies, cruise lines, and venues so I’ve gotten a pretty well-rounded view of the industry. Planning and coordinator have been my favorite so far so here I am!
- Favorite thing about working at Barr? The entire staff at Barr Mansion is amazing. Everyone is warm and welcoming and makes you immediately feel like part of a big and happy family.
- What do you like to do outside of Barr? I enjoy staying active (kickball is my fave) but don’t mind curling up on the couch with a good book and a nice glass of wine.
- If you could put a billboard somewhere, where would it be + what would it say? My billboard would say “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities” and it would be somewhere near the ocean. The beach is my favorite place to be and it’s probably the thing I miss the most about the east coast.
Caroline | Sales Manager
- Where are you originally from? I was born in Florida, moved to Connecticut, moved to England and then have been in Austin for the past 16 years! All of my family is originally from Texas, so I would consider myself a Texan. Even though I wasn’t born here, I got here as soon as a could!
- What sets Austin apart of any other city you have lived in? The culture of Austin is incredible – interesting people, fantastic food, awful traffic, great bodies of water to chill in!
- What lead you to your current profession(s)? I am known as the “Barr Mansion baby” considering I am fresh from the University of Texas. I studied human relations at the College of Communication and found that my interest in how people interact with one another drew me to the event world. Weddings are the ultimate validation of the support we have from our loved ones and it’s a beautiful thing to witness the event unfold.
- Favorite thing about working at Barr? I take great pride in welcoming our couples and their families into our Barr Mansion family. I am generally their first encounter at Barr Mansion when they tour and I enjoy meeting diverse couples who bring something so unique to our venue. Our motto is “Gather and Grow” and this concept is what motivates us all in our work at Barr Mansion. I hope it inspires our clients as they gather their loved ones at our venue for their wedding, but then continue to grow together in their marriage for years beyond.
- What do you like to do outside of Barr? I spend my time riding horses, boating on Lake Austin, eating brunch at Elizabeth Street Cafe, going on long walks with my giant yellow labrador named Ivor, drinking craft beer, watching movies at Alamo Drafthouse and listening to lots of Tame Impala.
- If you could put a billboard somewhere, where would it be + what would it say? Weird question. I would say that it should be at Heathrow Airport in baggage claim in London, England and it would read my favorite quote, “There’s nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” – Nelson Mandela.