Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom is looking for a gardener to keep the gardens beautiful and sustainable. We are developing gardens that integrate organic vegetables with ornamentals.
Our vision from the beginning has been to build the most ecologically advanced, energy efficient, consciously designed, sustainable gardens possible. We use
the organic standards as the foundation with permaculture principles guiding the process.
Duties and skills would involve:
- Knowledge of USDA National Organic Program to maintain organic certification
- with Oregon Tilth
- Knowledge of organic products/inputs
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer use
- Effective research skills
- Passion for organics and a desire to get dirty
- Knowledge of plant varieties
- Experience installing and maintaining ornamental gardens
- Implementing water –wise irrigation practices
- Working with owner to expand, evolve and design new ideas
Duties would not involve:
- Weed Eating
- Owning or operating any heavy equipment
Hours are 40 hours/week and pay is commensurate with experience. Send resume and cover letter to Melanie@BarrMansion.com.